Do you have an abundance of zucchini growing in your garden or arriving in your CSA delivery every week? If so, try this recipe for a different twist on zucchini. It’s delicious!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
2 ¾ C. all-purpose flour
¼ C. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 C. sugar
1 C. canola oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 C. grated zucchini
1 C. chocolate chips
1. Sift dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla together in a separate large mixing bowl (or electric mixer).
3. Add in zucchini, then add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
5. Line muffin tins with paper liners and spray with cooking spray. Fill pans ? full with batter.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Yield: 2 ½ dozen muffins